When mapping a collection to a local folder in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, I was getting the error:
The working folder … is already in use by the workspace … on computer …
To solve this problem I had to delete the workspace:
- Close Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
- Open en command prompt in Administrator mode.
- cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE"
- tf workspace /delete /server:http://188.8.131.52:8080/tfs/MyCollection MyComputerName;MyDomain\MyUserName
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. Mapping to local folder should now work.
For more information:
To list all workspace use:
tf workspaces /owner:* /computer:* /server:http://184.108.40.206:8080/tfs/MyCollection
To list detailed information on all workspaces, use:
tf workspaces /server:http://220.127.116.11:8080/tfs/MyCollection /computer:MyComputerName /owner:* /format:detailed
In a specific case, deleting the workspace on the client was not enough. I had to execute the same command on the TFS server itself to delete both the client and de server workspace.