SE-Radio Episode 238: Linda Rising on the Agile Brain
- Praise the process, hard work, not the person.
- A person can always learn and get better.
- If you are the best at something, you are not learning any more (maybe it’s time to pick something else up :-))
- Offload work to your unconscious mind, it’s able to multitask, the conscious mind isn’t.
- Embrace the fact that you were in 203th place, because this means you can get better.
- Embrace hard work, there’s nothing like a free meal
- This does not mean "do labor intensive work".
- Talent is overrated, yes people are born with a given brain capacity, but people can grow, and surpass people that have bigger brain capacity, but do nothing with it.
- Continually do small experiments, instead of a boring retrospective at the end of a sprint.
Some related links from the show:
– Release! – A light card game about software and the people who make it. http://inedo.com/release
– Brain Science Podcast http://brainsciencepodcast.com/
– Radiolab Podcast http://www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts/
– Freconomiscs Radio Podcast http://freakonomics.com/radio/
In external modules, relationships between files are specified in terms of imports and exports at the file level.
In TypeScript, any file containing a top-level import or export is considered an external module.